Booking Terms and Conditions
Here at Strath Lodge, we are a husband and wife team providing bed and breakfast accommodation from our home and our aim is to ensure you have a most enjoyable stay with us. We do not employ staff and do not have a 24 hour reception desk. To ensure smooth and efficient operation for the benefit of all guests, we do have some terms and conditions which we require guests to read through in full and adhere to. The main thing that we ask, it that you respect that Strath Lodge is our home, and that you respect and consider all guests that are staying with us. By proceeding with a reservation, you will be deemed to have fully read and understood our terms and conditions as detailed below.
Check-in to your room is only available between 4pm and 7pm on your day of arrival: –
- If you fail to arrive by 7pm, we may not be available to check you in, and consequently are unable to guarantee that your room will still be available. After this time, we reserve the right to cancel your reservation and you will be treated as a ‘no-show’ where the terms of our cancellation policy will apply and you will be liable for the full cost of your stay.
- After 7pm, we have our own personal commitments which mean that we cannot always be at home later in the evenings. We are a small B&B and do not have a 24 hour reception.
- Check-in will NOT be possible after 10pm under any circumstances. If you arrive after this time, you will be turned away.
During your stay
Between 10am and 4pm guests generally go out and enjoy the local area. This allows us to get on with the work necessary to prepare for new arrivals, service your room, turn the dining room around and to carry out minor maintenance and service work. You are welcome to stay in your room but we won’t service your room other than the items you leave in the basket for replenishment by 10.00am, this work isn’t always quiet so the place won’t be as peaceful as it is at other times.
Check-out is by 10am on your departure day.
On booking we require a deposit equal to one night of your stay, with the balance payable either by card or cash on arrival.
As we do not have any family rooms, we are unable to accommodate children under the age of 16 years old. This includes children sharing beds with parents and infants in travel cots. Children aged 16 years and older are welcome but must occupy a room of their own at the appropriate room rate.
If you arrive with children under the age of 16 years with the intention that they share your room, your reservation will be cancelled immediately as we have a strict policy of only two persons per room.
Our home insurance and licence to operate has been set up on this basis so we are unable to make any exceptions to this policy.
As a small business cancellations can have a significant impact on us. The tourist season is short in the Highlands, and because of this, we have to adopt a cancellation policy that ensures our B&B remains viable as a business and remains open for guests to enjoy in the future. Therefore our cancellation policy is as follows: –
- The majority of visitors to Glencoe book many months in advance, and we do not get many requests for accommodation with only a few weeks to proposed arrival dates. We are also in a quiet location just outside of the village so passing trade is minimal. In accepting your booking we may have turned away many other requests for the same period.
- With that in mind, we recommend that you take out travel insurance to cover the possibility of you having to cancel or curtail your holiday.
- If a booking is cancelled more than 14 days prior to arrival, we will only refund the deposit paid if we are able to re-sell the room at the same rate for each night that is booked. We reserve the right to charge an admin fee. It may be possible to transfer any deposit to a future booking.
- If a booking is cancelled with less than 14 days’ notice, a cancellation charge equivalent to the entire booking will become payable, refundable only if we can resell the room. We reserve the right to charge an admin fee.
- In the event of a curtailment to the number of days you wish to stay, made either before arriving, or during your stay, the full cost of the original booking will still be chargeable on arrival. E.g. if you have booked for three nights and you wish to cancel one of those nights, we will continue to make a charge for a 3 night stay.
- If you fail to arrive and “No show”, the cost of the entire booking will become payable.
- We will always confirm any booking cancellations by sending you an email. A booking should only be considered as cancelled when you have received a confirmation email from us.
Amendments to bookings are subject to availability.
Cancellation of your reservation by Strath Lodge
Your reservation at Strath Lodge will only be cancelled by us in exceptional and unforeseen circumstances. In the event that we do need to cancel your reservation we will notify you as soon as practicably possible. We will give you the option of a refund or reschedule the booking for a later date. We will however not be responsible for any losses or increased expenditure by you in securing alternative accommodation elsewhere.
Digital registration prior to arrival
Prior to your arrival you will receive a digital registration form to provide us with details to help us prepare for your stay with us. This includes an approximate arrival time, dietary requirements and your vehicle registration no/type for our car park.
It is also a requirement of the UK Government that we collect non UK resident passport information to be held for one year after your stay. You can find more information here UK Gov Legislation.
For the benefit of all guests who come to stay with us the rooms are not able to accommodate pets. We do have a dog ourselves, but she is not allowed in the guest accommodation which includes the entrance hallways or the dining/sitting room.
We operate a strict policy on non-resident guests. Under no circumstances will any person(s), not accepted by us as paying guests, be permitted to join you either in your room or in the public areas of our home.
Food in rooms
The consumption of take-away food or preparation of food is not permitted either in the rooms or the dining room. If we find that you have eaten takeaway or prepared food in your room a surcharge of one nights’ stay will either be added to your bill or charged to your card if you have already checked out. This is to cover the costs of deep cleaning the rooms.
We can provided some food preparation items if you would like to make a packed lunch in the dining area before you leave for the day.
Large items of outdoor equipment are not permitted to be taken into the guest bedrooms.
We have a spacious storage area available for outdoor equipment, such as bikes, golfing equipment, canoes, wetsuits, parascending rigs etc.
We also have a drying room for wet items after a day on the hills too!
Damages, Breakages & Keys
- You are responsible and liable for any breakages or damages, which you cause to the room or its contents (accidental or deliberate). This includes spillages of food and drinks on bedding and carpets, in the event of a mishap please let us know immediately so we can hopefully clean them up quickly without them becoming ruined.
- All damages and breakages must be paid for before your departure. If you depart and do not notify us of any damages or spillages, we will charge your card retrospectively for these damages. If we find that a room requires excessive cleaning after you have departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to cover the additional cleaning time required.
- In the event that you lose the door keys given to you whilst you stay with us, a charge will be made to cover replacement locks, as we always replace the door locks to maintain the security of our home.
Strictly no smoking.
When smoking outside please move away from the entrance, there are some big brollies available for when it is raining.
Baggage Transfer services
If you intend to use the services of a baggage transfer service please discuss this with us at the time of your booking. Normally there is someone at home to handover the bags, but this cannot always be guaranteed.